I’ve now been doing Analog Thursday for about a month, and I have to say, I’m pleased with the results. I’ve gotten a lot of comics reading done, and last night I put the final touches on a new Lego creation, the Ostroni Freighter.
Well, they think it’s a freighter. The Ostroni don’t really talk to anyone else.
It took me several nights to build this, which is a lot longer than it should have. I believe the front of it is the only part that didn’t get pulled off and completely redone.
I was experimenting with a lot of new (to me) stuff here. I doubt you can tell, but I’m using a lot of pieces I never really messed with much. Also, I played with some different techniques (a good portion of the ship is modular and easily separated from the rest; even so, it’s remarkably sturdy). I tried to avoid cliches. For example, the first attempt at the engines used the usual “wheels as engines” thing, so I chucked it and tried again. (The second attempt I liked, but didn’t work well for this model; it will return. The third attempt worked, and there was an aborted fourth attempt as well.)
I knew that with all the black it would be hard to make out details, so I tried to focus on shape and texture a bit. Not sure I was successful there.
These aren’t the greatest photos. I’m going to take some better ones soon.
And then I’ll be ready for part two…