In a recent editorial in Doctor Who magazine, Steven Moffett, who’s taking over as the show’s producer, was quoted as saying, “They’re back.”
Of course the assumption is that he’s referring to the Time Lords, but let’s not jump to conclusions. Here are ten other “they”s who could also be back:
10) The Macra (let’s just get that out of the way)
9) The fans who left because the Adipose were too silly of a creature to be featured on a serious show like Doctor Who
8) Rose the Companion, joined by Rose the dog
7) The Turgids
6) The dodgy special effects that the show just wouldn’t be good without
5) Superweapons the Doctor stole when he left Gallifrey
4) McRibs, for a limited time
3) John and Gillian, the Doctor’s
nephew and niece grandchildren.
2) Pip and Jane Baker
and the final “they” that Steven Moffett could be bringing back?
1) The other rooms in the TARDIS
(Thanks to Dorian for hepping me to this.)