Here are the nine senators who voted against the defense appropriations bill with John McCain’s amendment restricting the use of torture in interrogations:
- Sen. Wayne Allard (R-Colorado)
- Sen. Kit Bond (R-Missouri)
- Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Oklahoma)
- Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Mississippi)
- Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas)
- Sen. James Inhofe (R-Oklahoma)
- Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kansas)
- Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Alabama)
- Sen. Ted Stevens (R-Alaska)
How interesting. All nine belong to the party of moral values.
Add to that our fearless leader (shown here with halo), who hasn’t vetoed any bills yet, but is threatening to do so with this one because of the anti-torture amendment, and you have the Torture Ten, two hands worth of people who believe America should be allowed to torture people.